- ButterBean - BooBoo - Lucky - WaterMelon - Scooter - Moose - Mama*R.I.P* - Scotch*R.I.P.* -

-Tiny - Face *R.I.P* - Eye - Princess - Brooke - Stripey - Smokey - Shadow - Piper



Friday, March 15, 2013

A million Thank Yous

The out pouring of love and support is overwheling but much appreciated!

Face, Princess and Eye were found by the river - they had been droped by some one who didnt think they were good enough .. we fed them for days and ended up trapping Eye and Princess .. Shon actually grabbed Face by the head and carried him all the way home. They were not friendly and I worried that they had gone too long to be friendly. I had them spayed & neutered and got shots and worked with them for endless hours. Finally we let them out into the rest of the house with the rest of the cats and they blended mostly well. Eye never has expressed interest in going outside and the one time I took him out he balled up like a wolly worm and shook. Face wanted to go out early on and at first I hesitated .. .then decided that he would be happier if he had some outside time ... much to my surprise he came back in on his own and became and indoor (when he wanted to be) outdoor (when he wanted to be) cat. Princess hid all the time, if I wanted to see her I had to look for her under the beds ... then she started pooping on the beds - after making sure she was not sick but was stressed I put her in a crate and took her outside - she and Face kissed through the door and they both tried to free her within a few minutes so I let her out - she has never been happier. I see her pretty much everyday. She eats and sleeps on the porch.

We dont really live close to the road ... we live way off a main road, the road closest to us is a 20mph road. And from our house its about a quarter mile a way - Our little community is 2 miles in a circle - accross this little road is the river and between the road and river is river bank that has lots of trees and fun things for kitties to play. Im sure this is where Face was going.

My cats live the life - I dont make them do anything they dont want to do (except take their medicine and go to the vet if needed)... meaning if they dont want to go out then they dont have to ... and in the case of Smokey .. he does NOT want to go out ... so looks like I have a house cat! As the days get warmer and longer I feel that he will want to go out and lay on the deck. He has been licking raw spots on his body. I had seem him doing this before I caught him when he would be out in the field. So he went to the vet yesterday evening for a shot to calm the itchies. The vet was worried about giving him a steroid shot because of his ear and his eye so he is now taking a low dose of prednisone, the same stuff that Mama takes.

4 comments:

  1. We know about letting kitties live the life they want. We're all adopted strays, and our attitudes range from "out every day" to "outside? no way".

    Purrrrrrss and much thanks for tending to Face and the others on their own terms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gave Face love and warmth and a home, which is far more than what those who "left" him did. I understand because our first three were dumped and adopted us. It's hard to imagine someone just dumping an animal and driving off but in my case I was the lucky one to get three fabulous cats.
    Continued prayers for your healling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gave Face the choice of where he wanted to live. No one, I hope, is blaming you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about Face. You gave him a home and love and let him live the life he wanted. It's tragic that he got hit, but he would probably have been miserable as an indoor only cat.

    ReplyDelete